Friday, October 9, 2009

Whales, crocs, Skippy and hotel check-outs.

I can't believe it's been a month since I've blogged.
So, what have I been doing all month? Okay here's some things on my list:

- Regular doctors visits to the hospital to be told we have a beautiful healthy bambino boy growing (high point)

- Getting kicked in the ribs to the point where I squeal in pain and wondering if I'll ever get into my skinny jeans again (low point)

- Booking our appointment for this long term resident to check out on 10th November (high and low point). High as we finally get to meet our creation but low as I am now thinking AM I READY TO BE A MOTHER IN JUST 4 WEEKS!!!!? YES THANK YOU, I KNOW MY NURSERY IS GORGEOUS BUT WHAT DID YOU SAY OUR CREDIT CARD BILL WAS THIS MONTH? AND WHAT IF HE PLANS TO CHECK OUT EARLY OR WHAT IF HE DECIDES HE'D LIKE TO BE BORN MID-FLIGHT OR WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT. Ok deep breathing now, thinking of calm, sandy beaches, rowing a boat in crisp blue water. Paper bag.


- Training the new puppy who amazes us as just how smart she is and getting lots of cuddles from what is undoubtedly the most affectionate dog in the world (high point)

- Coming home and finding yet another massive land mine dug in our lovely lawn and my new thongs chewed through again (low point). By the way, US readers, thongs here are shoes, not what you are thinking. Strangely enough at this point in my life there is no underwear on the lawn.

Here is a pic of the destructor of our reticulation system and the spunk that repairs it every weekend. Do not be fooled by those puppy dog eyes .... he is a mean mean man. Ha ha.



- Sunbaking at 7am in the morning. It is 30 degrees plus every day here and I try to sound sympathetic and make sure the suntan lotion bottle doesn't make a noise when my friends ring from Perth and tell me that it's raining again.
WARNING: PICTURE OF FAT PREGNANT WOMAN SUNBAKING COMING UP............
JUST KIDDING!! Everyone keeps telling me you can hang your dignity up at the hospital entrance door when you go in for labour...but I still have it today and am hanging on to it for dear life.

- Going to the beach. A couple of weekends ago, we decided to take a trip to what used to be my favourite beach around Karratha. You might remember we lived here 2 years ago before Florence. Well this sign was not here then! Apparently the resident has been removed but it still makes me think 'where's his mamma?'. By the way, not many people heeded to the caution of not swimming as the beach was full of swimmers. I guess you pick your risks in life. Going down to a croc is not how I want to go so we didn't swim.



This is a friendly local at the park next to the beach.



Do check out our beautiful water though and the whale that we spotted. Oh hang on, that's me at 33 weeks pregnant. (We do get whales in the water so it was an easy mistake).

7 comments:

erin said...

Yay! Glad to hear about this update...and to hear that you're doing great! Your photo is beautiful and I can't believe it's only 4 more weeks :) baci.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi glad to read your update and things are going well.

Love the photo of the sea..hey who's that? I cannot believe you only have 4 or so weeks to go, you look soooo small. Take care, and let us know how it all goes.

Rosa said...

I love the last photo. And so will your baby when its old enough to realise what a cramped space it was in!

Babycakes said...

that is a beautiful picture, both of you and the beach.
Take care, look after yourself and I hope it all goes well. My sister has just had a baby in August and it's all very exciting. If it is any consolation, she has found it relatively easy to lose the baby weight. She takes the baby on a lot of walks!

Chef Chuck said...

Hello Monica, Congratulations!!
This is a beautiful thing! You photo looks great! Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Monika, you look better at 33 weeks pregnant than I look every day! You are simply beautiful!

I hope things are continuing to go well.

By the way, I loved the story you sent about Faith! So cool!

Take good care of yourself! I look foward to another update soon!

victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

These are all the fresh breezes are flowing in the very cool and frost environment, all the ambiance is very much delightful and inducing with all the pleasurable moments which are not to forget and are immortal as well.

Apart from that you must visit the beautiful place of Virginia, The Shenandoah Valley where you must see the very marvelous destination to visit Woodruff Inns Resorts. The best place to spend your vacations, honey moons and special holidays. It is one of the best tranquil and serene places of North America as well.